Saturday, November 1, 2008

Using blogs in the classroom

Up until this class I had no idea what a blog was. I now understand they can be a wonderful tool for the classroom. Staying connected with parents can be a difficult task. Using a blog is an easy and effective way for parents to know what is going on in their children's classroom. I plan on using a blog to keep parents up to date on what is happening in my classroom. I will be able to upload pictures which I think gives a personal touch. In terms of using blogs for students I think using a blog instead of a piece of paper to write a story is a great idea. My students can post their papers and this way other students, parents and school members will be able to read their work.
Don't Feed the Trolls was an interesting article. Not knowing anything about blogs, I found this article very useful. I am not sure though how I feel about ignoring the "troll". I understand that with some issues it is best to ignore in hopes it will go away. I also feel it is important to put a stop to Trolls to make sure every child has a safe and positive environment. I know life isn't all roses and chocolates but I do feel it is our job as teachers to do our best to keep blogs clean and respected by all. Blogs are a wonderful addition to the classroom. I am looking forward to learning more about them and using them in my classroom.

No comments: